The winners of Startup Weekend Cluj 2012 are UseTogether
UseTogether started with an idea on Friday, which was developed into a startup, with a business model and a working demo that was performed live on stage on Sunday evening. The team of 12 was formed on the spot and they’ve done an amazing job creating a startup in only 54 hours.
Let’s see what they have to say about their project and their experience at SW Cluj:
1. What’s behind the “Use Together” project?
“UseTogether is a platform that offers an alternative to the consumption driven society that exists today. The irrational consumption has a negative impact on the environment and on the economical climate. Our solution is to encourage collaborative consumption through the UseTogether club so that people can share, swap, or donate personal possessions to other members. Our 3 key values are trust, contribution to the community and collaborative consumption and we invite all of those that resonate with these values to join us.”
2. How important was Startup Weekend Cluj for starting this project?
“Startup Weekend Cluj was the perfect environment for the idea of UseTogether to take form and to evolve. It made possible the creation of our awesome team and also gave us access to great mentors and to their experience.”
3. What are the next steps?
“We are now working hard on the following:
- Create a detailed plan for the next 3, 6 and 12 months
- Take care of the legal aspects of the business
- Organize the team and create a system that will help us work efficiently
- Test and optimize the UseTogether online platform”
4. What are your suggestions for the next participants of SW Cluj?
“We strongly recommend that they use the Startup Weekend opportunity to present, test and develop their ideas. This is the perfect environment to meet great people, to learn and to have loads of fun!”
More details about them: